Mathis is a teenage human boy who has bullied and picked on Zarya Moonwolf for years, in the Undercity. He mainly steps in her snorgballs and throws them in her face, hence his cruel name for her "egghead." He is also a master thief and trickster.
He likes riding on mage-boards, and selling items to which he was no right in order to show off and get money.
He is voiced by Mac Heywood.
- An Eye for an Eye (debut appearance)
- Lost and Found (cameo)
- The Astromancer Job
- A Girl and Her Gumlump
- Gems of the Past
- Quest of the Vexed (cameos)
- The Edge of Two Morrows (in an alternate reality)
- The Lost Scepter (cameo)
- Total Eclipse of the Golden Heart
- The Last Dragon
- Game of Phones
- The Foz Who Saved Lotus Night
- Age of Dragons (final appearance; cameo)
Mathis in Printed Media
- Volume TBA (first appearance)
- He sells out the Mysticons to the Astromancers for five gold only, much to his annoyance.
- He secretly wears pale pink boxers with red hearts on them, revealed to all by Princess Arkayna and later Nova Terron magically pulling down his jeans.
- Nova Terron considers him inferior enough as a "troglodyte."
- In the alternate reality that Piper had inadvertently created, it is he who steals the mighty Dragon Disk from the Royal Treasury for "the Shadow Mage" but ended up getting "nothing out of the heist" as Zarya and Piper retrieved it from Dreadbane, after which Zarya pushed him off Archer.
- "Hey, Egghead."
- "One-of-a-kind designer bags!!"
- "Fine, it's a fake! But it works just like the real thing."
- "Lamest story ever. I wonder how bored I look. Yep, pretty bored."
- "These illusions are so lame."
- "Yeah, I'd like to report a Mysticon sighting."
- "Five gold!? That's all I get for hand-delivering the outlaws!?"
In an Alternate Reality
- "Always good doing business with the royal family."
- "What's a Dreadbane?"
- (concerned) "Where's the Dragon Disk!!"
- "You're tellin' me!! I got nothing outta this heist!!"
- "Tourists are so oblivious."
- "Later, Egghead."
- "Get your snorgballs here!!"