"Griffins are the traditional battle mounts of the Mysticons. You must work hard to master them."- Tazma Grimm to the second generation of Mysticons in "How to Train a Mysticon."
In "Game of Phones" ancient knights called "Sky Lancers" had rode griffins as well, and used them during sky jousting.
Archer—after objecting to "Stinky" "Toby" and "Buster"—is the loyal griffin companion of Zarya Moonwolf, who was chosen as the second Mysticon Ranger, and the younger, long-lost Princess Twin of Gemina. He was eventually joined by a temporary customer, Queen Goodfey.
He is replaced by the unnamed, light blue Dragon of Light mount in the show's finale.
- Captains for "How to Train a Mysticon" consistently spelled it "griffons" but official Mysticon Channel YouTube promos for the show use "Griffins".
- In "The Mysticon Kid", when her friends are sluggish, Piper calls them "griffy-poos".
- From what Doug said in "The Mysticon Kid", Archer is the only male.
- In Episode Six, Griffins are seen roaming wild in Rudicks Hollow.
- Most of the Griffins have a half-lion/half-eagle form, Izzie appears to be half-barn owl.
- When one is knocked unconscious, Piper comments if they see "little griffins" as opposed to Earth's expression for "one seeing stars."