"Whatever happens, we're in this together."- Emerald to Arkayna in "How to Train a Mysticon"
Emerald Zirconia Goldenbraid (called "Em" for short) is a main character of Mysticons. She first appears in Sisters in Arms. She is voiced by Evany Rosen. She is called a teenager in Episode Six, though her age is unknown.
She is the second Mysticon Knight and a female dwarf from the mining town of Rudick's Hollow who served as the Royal Griffin Wrangler and a good friend of Princess Arkayna Goodfey even prior to becoming a Mysticon.
Emerald is a dwarf who has a long hair tied into a ponytail with shaved hair on top. She wears a green shirt under her purple tank top, a hat with goggles, green shorts, and long bootlegs. When she turned into a Mysticon Knight she wears a purple tank top with pants.
In Heart of Gold, it is revealed that Emerald has skills as a mechanic and tinkerer, and used to win awards with her father, Malachite Goldenbraid. She has a warm and caring heart, is confident, tough, and brave dwarf.
As Mysticon Knight, she wields a sword and can summon a shield of pink mystical energy. The shield has at least two forms, appearing as both a typical arm-mounted long shield as well as an encompassing sphere.
Additional Mystical Weapon
Her special power is never revealed in the show, but may be so in the comics or chapter books.
Emerald and Arkayna were friends even before they were Mysticons. Emerald comforted Arkayna when Arkayna was crying because her parents were turned to bone.
They are shown to get along well despite their differences. In A Walk in the Park , Emerald felt guilty when Tazma put a spell on Zarya and promised to get her through it. In the episode Mutiny Most Fowl, Emerald was relieved when she saw that Zarya was alright, and gave Zarya headphones to make sure that she doesn't fall under Captain Kaos' charm spell.
Emerald and Piper get along. She was the first to realize that Piper didn't want to play on the carousal, and wanted to go there because she realized that the codex piece was there. She also told Piper that they are there for her when Zarya quit the Mysticons.
As the Royal Griffin Wrangler, Em has known her Griffin, Topaz, for quite a while. However, she seems to have passed her over for the pale pink Dragon of Light, as she is not riding Topaz in the last scene of the show.
- "Nice flying, Your Highness."
- (in amazement) "The Dragon Disk."
- "I'm sorry, Your Highness."
- "Good-for-nothing thieves!!"
- "Whoa. What's happening?"
- "No more Miss-Nice-Dwarf!!"
- "Who are you calling a sidekick?"
- "Good ahead. Let it out."
- "Whatever happens, we're in this together."
- "I know the perfect place."
- I, Emerald Goldenbraid, am going to see Gnomes 2 Men!!"
- "No fist-bumps, no fist-bumps!"
- "You are Mysticon now. Be the better person."
- "And I'm talking to myself"
- "Is it a squid? No, wait, a llama? A dog?! A turtleneck? I'm not good at riddles!!"
- "We are here on an official Mysticon Quest, Noble Goblin".
- "Yes, I am. I like the Knight Voice. To the stables, noble steeds!"
- "To the bike racks, noble steeds!"
- "Oh, by the Hammer of Harmon! PIPER! PIPER!!"
- "I think we're gonna need a cleanup on aisle 4".
- Excuse you she is the princess you know!
- "Yeah, that was totally my bad. I should I have said something. It's on me."
- "You have my sword!"
- "I know. But right now, I need my canister!"
- "Don't worry. We'll find her."
- "Hey, what we ever do to you?"
- "Hey, hey. The most important thing is: You're together again."
- "And I know just the friends to call for backup."
- (sarcastic) "Thank you, fearless leader."
- "And you just got gamooby slamo spanked."
- "Love you, too, Shmoo-Tinkle."
- "I can't believe it's over."
- "Pass me the ogre spice."
- "Oh, my goblin. I'm so sorry."
- "A volcanic trench located in the deepest reaches of the ocean."
- "Hey, Pipes, let's school some fish."
- "By the Silver Trident. We did it."
- "We have a code red."
- "Excuse me. My mama didn't raise no fool."
- "Don't say anything. Just ride."
- "No calling the Boons."
- "Like what?"
- "Like what, Kasey Boon!!?'
- "You did have a bit of an ax to grind."
- "No wonder Proxima was pushed over the edge."
- "Do what with the shield!!?"
- "I love it. Let's level up."
- "The Lances of Justice. They're ready."
- "An evil that has spelt beneath the realm since before the ancient dragon wars."
- "Where there's two, maybe there's more."
- "How could you do that to her!!?"
- "Weakest wink!? She was stronger than all of you put together!! She had honor, integrity and a good heart."
- "They skip puberty and instant dragon army."
- "Battle Unicorn, Charge!!"
- "Mom, Dad!!"
- (narrating) "Everything returned to normal in the city, in the realm. And old ways gave way to new."
- (narrating) "It's just getting started."
About Emerald Goldenbraid
- "Don't talk to Em like that!!"
- "Sometimes I wish I had a normal life, like yours."
- "Knight keep us steady."
- "I can't wait to see where you grew up."
- "Are you OK?"
- "I been terrible to you all day."
- "Mysticon Knight, stop!!"
- "What did you do?"
- "Great garnets, Emerald!!"
- "i missed you, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Poo-Tinkle stopped by with her friends."
- "Em and her dad used to be so close."
- "She's a griffin wrangler, right?"
- "There you are, Em. I almost lost ya."
- "Help me, Emerald!!"
- "You're...a Mysticon?"
- "Emerald, let's go!!"
- "You're already in a mountain of trouble and you do not want to test my melting point."
- "Please, Em. I don't want to fight. But, if it's any consolation, i know you feel."
- "If anything happened to you, I couldn't bear it, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Emerald Zirconia Goldenbraid, turn this train around this instant!!"
- "You didn't even blink. You just reacted and saved my life. You're a hero."
- "Your friends were right: You are a true hero."
Halite and Ferrus Goldenbraid
- (excitedly) "Em, Em, can you go Mysticon? Please?"
- "Gives a tracking device to that gullible yet strangely alluring dwarf."
- "Mysticon Knight, I want to say I'm sorry. I was a jerk to you."
- "Yes you are."
- "I owe you my life, Mysticon Knight."
- "Love you, Schmoo-tinkle."
- "Em, please win."
- "Where's Em?"
- "And I love you, Emerald Zirconia Goldenbraid. You and all the annoying things you do."
- "You talk during movies. Oh, and the knight voice? We git it. You're a knight."
- "When you cry, I cry."
- "Get over the dwarf already."
- "Thanks for saving him."
- "They make a pretty cute couple."
- "What you want, Mysticon Knight?"
- 'You dare call Kymraw coward!!?"
- Kymraw challenge you to Gynooby Slamo Spank."
- "If you win, Kymraw help."
- "You missed."
- "You do fight dirty."
- "Emerald, shame on you."
- "I'm glad I got to see you work. And...I'm...proud of you, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Your Vex-Away canister exploded?"
- "I do, Mysticon Knight. I do."
- "No, Mysticon Knight."
- "We'll never be strong enough. Not without Em."
- "As do I, Dwarf."
- "So will Mysticon Knight."
- "The dwarf is still at large."
- "But we'll hunt her down."
- "The dwarf!!"
- "You're brave, girl, but you're a fool if you think you can take us alone."
- "I have the dwarf right where I want her!!"
- "What do you know of me or my sisters?"
- "I am sorry. I am not the golem you thought I was."
- "I'm not working with a spoiled princess and a sidekick dwarf."
- "You say sorry for everything."
- "Em. Hurry."
- "Or maybe you should stop second-guessing yourself."
- "Thanks, Em."
- "You should. The way she treats you sometimes, I don't know how you stay so calm."
- "What's going on, Em?"
- "It's okay to let people know you're angry, Em."
- "We have to get to Em."
- "What my sister was trying to say is: Em's a hero."
- One of her catchphrases, "Oh, my Goblin", is used in analogous fashion as, and in place of, "Oh, my God" and "Oh, my Gosh. After hearing it, Arkayna and Piper also begin to use it.
- Despite her surname, while she does have golden-blonde hair, her ponytail is not braided,
- As of Heart of Gold, her father, Malachite, is the first person outside the core group to know that she is a Mysticon, which he keeps it a secret even from his wife. Presumably, he has figured out that the Princess and their friends are also Mysticons.
- Another of her catchphrases is "By the Hammer of Harmon" as a running gag, which is said in wonder amazement or annoyance.
- She is the first member of the group to officially have a boyfriend; the second being Arkayna with Malvaron.
- Another of her inventions is binoculars, which the Mysticons use to track down fraternal elven twins Clutch and Throttle.
- She uses a new phrase of amazement, in addition to "By the hammer of Harmon"- "Oh my, Hippocampus!"
- Her mystical, bright pink Unicorn Bracer is first seen in her transformation sequence.
- Growing up near the dwarf mines, she knows how to ride a Hover-Bike.
- She is the central character of the very first original adventure: The Secret of the Fifth Mysticon, which is set sometime between "The Dome" and "Through My Enemy's Eyes."
- It is revealed that she does not use a mystical broadsword as her unnamed male predecessor had. Although he had used interesting broadsword techniques, she prefers to stick to her pink shield.