Citrine Goldenbraid is the overprotective and caring dwarven mother of Emerald Goldenbraid whom she calls her "pootinkle". She debuts in Episode 6 "Heart of Gold" along with her husband and young sons Halite and Ferrus.
- Total Eclipse of the Golden Heart
- Heart of Stone
- Fear the Spectral Hand
- Age of Dragons (final appearance; cameos)
Citrine in Printed Media
- Volume (first appearance)
- Her name is a yellow-colored gem similar to "topaz", whereas her daughter's is a dark green gem. It is also a shade of yellow.
- Her family recipe is a soup that Zarya pretends to like.
- Besides Queen Goodfey, she is the only mother of a Mysticon who has been introduced and is still alive.
- She is revealed to be overprotective of her daughter, unaware that has been a legendary Mysticon for quite some time.
- She considers Piper and Zarya as one of the family, now that are her daughter's best friends.
- She thinks of the borrower-sized Tazma as a "vicious little pet" for Emerald her three friends.
- When she was Emerald's age she wanted a sky rider, but hailed her grandmother's advice in saying that it was too dangerous.
- Her peanut butter dumplings are a favorite of Nova Terron's.
- "If you're another trying to sell me a fake forge...!! Great garnets! Emerald!"
- "Princess Arkayna!! I didn't know we were getting a visit from the royal family."
- "Do I bow our curtsy?"
- "Etiquette be darned. Come here!"
- "Set the table for our guests, and use the good hammer wear."
- "I missed you, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Just the tremors. We're learning to live with them."
- "Excellent technique, Arkayna. My mother taught me to carve soloarite when I was your age."
- "Em and her dad used to be so close. It broke his heart when she left to go to the city."
- "Her dad had big plans for the family business, Malachite & Daughter."
- "There's trouble in the mines!"
- "Stay here!!"
- "I love you, Poo-Tinkle. Try to visit us more often."
- "Before you go, I want you to have this: A dwarven hope ring, to give you strength in your quest to free your parents from Dreadbane's spell."
- "Piper, Zarya, our door is always open. You're one of the family now."
- "But seriously, she's a griffin wrangler, right?"
- "Yoo-hoo. There you are, Em. I almost lost ya."
- "Oh, your friends are here."
- "Come on girls, bear-bug hug."
- "Malachite and the boys are off spelunking, so I thought I'd drop by for some mother-daughter time."
- "Is this the official griffin wrangling residence? It's so...lovely."
- "Dust. It's bad for your allergies, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Oh, what a vicious little pet."
- "Oh, Emerald, I can't wait to spend the day with you. But first, where's the little dwarves room?"
- "OK, who's ready for some fun?"
- "Did you put on sunscreen? You know how we dwarfs are sensitive to sunlight."
- (Reads from the plaque) "On this spot, the Mysticons found the mythical unicorn bracelet."
- "I think the plaque knows more about the Mysticons than you do, Dear."
- "I expected the city to be full of danger, but it seems pretty calm."
- "I knew it!! This city is a cesspool of danger and evil villains!!"
- "Help me, Emerald!!"
- "You're...a Mysticon?"
- "There's nothing to talk about. We're going home!!"
- "With all due respect, Your Highness, this is between me and my daughter."
- "I beg your pardon!? Get on that train right now!! You're already in a mountain of trouble and you do not want to test my melting point!!"
- "I'm saying, when you're young, you think you're invincible. But you're not. And if anything happened to you, I couldn't bear it, Poo-Tinkle."
- "Technical problems, my beard."
- "Stop right there, Mises!! Is that any way to talk to your elders!!?"
- "Stop glyphing and look at when I'm speaking to you!! And you- You're the worst of the lot! What kind of fairy gets pleasure from scaring people?"
- "Actually, neither do I. I was trying to kill for time."
- "Step aside, Boys."
- "Oh, and clean up this Star Chamber, Ladies. It's a pigsty."
- "It was the least I could do. "
- "Oh, I'll always worry, but now I can worry a lot less. Your friends were right. You are a true hero."
- "It's magic time!"
- "Get away from my daughter, Golem!"
- "I know it's the end of the world, so I made us a little snack."
Quotes in Printed Media